What is the 102 Visa?
Adoption Visa, subclass 102, is a permanent residency visa for parents who want to adopt a child from overseas. Once granted, the 102 Visa allows adopted child to live, study and work in Australia. The child must be outside Australia when applying and when it is granted.
Am I eligible to apply for 102 Visa?
What are the Adoption (Subclass 102) Visa requirements? Your adopted child may be eligible if he/she
- has been adopted by a parent who is over 18 years of age and who is a settled Australian citizen, settled permanent resident, or settled eligible New Zealand citizen.
- is under 18 years of age.
- is outside Australia when the application is lodged and when the visa is granted
- meets health and character requirements.
What are the benefits of the 102 Visa?
With the Adoption (Subclass 102) Visa your child can
- Live, work and study in Australia permanently with you
- Sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Enrol in Australian public healthcare system
- Apply for Australian citizenship if you are eligible
What are the costs of the 102 Visa?
The Department of Home Affairs visa cost of the Adoption Visa is AUD $2,665. The costs of health checks and police certificates are excluded.
The Department of Home Affairs assesses applications on a case-by-case basis and processing time can vary for the Adoption Visa. Completing application with necessary documents, responding to any requests quickly and providing required information can help expedite the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for the Adoption Visa for the siblings of my adopted child? Yes, you can. You need to submit separate applications for each child.
Yes, you can. You need to submit separate applications for each child.
Why choose Withstand Lawyers for the 102 Visa?
At Withstand Lawyers we have made visa application process easier and faster for many families. Our firm specialises in immigration law and has experienced legal professionals and resources required to provide you with the guidance and representation that is needed to ensure you reach your immigration goals. The team at Withstand Lawyers is approachable and committed to providing a personalised service, so please book a free consultation online or call us on 1800 952 901