What is the 408 visa?
The visa allows you to come to Australia to do specific types of work on a temporary basis. There are multiple streams.
- Special program- The visa allows you to come to Australia to take part in approved special programs. These include youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs.
- Religious Work- Allows you to engage in religious work for up to 2 years.
- Research activities- Allows you to take part in research at a tertiary institute for up to 2 years.
- Invited for other social and cultural activity (Invited Participant)- allows you to come to Australia if you are participating in a community-based event.
- Sporting Activities- Allow you to play, coach or do high-level training for up to 2 years.
- Entertainment Activities- Allows you to work in the entertainment industry, including television, live productions or film.
- Superyacht Crew- Can stay up to 12 months in Australia if working as a crew member of the superyacht.
- Exchange Arrangements- allows you to come to Australia as part of staff exchange with an Australian organisation. You can stay for up to 2 years.
- Australian Government Endorsed Events- Allows you to come to Australia to participate in events which are endorsed by the Australian Federal Government. This visa lets you stay up to 4 years.
- Domestic work for executives- Up to 2 years.
What are the 408 visa benefits?
- You can enter and leave Australia as many as time as you want till your visa is valid
- Stay in Australia rightfully for the period of nominated position (with a maximum stay of 2 years)
- Participate in work or activity specified in your application
- Bring eligible family members with you to Australia
What are the 408 visa requirements and eligibility?
You need to satisfy the Department that you will only live in Australia temporarily, meet all the health and character requirements. You also need to take part in approved special programs and fit in one of the specified streams.
How long is the 408 visa?
Most streams up to 12 months and some up to 24 months.
How can I apply for the 408 visa?
- Assess your eligibility with Withstand Lawyers to ensure you meet the visa requirements
- Gather your documents for the visa application using our comprehensive and tailored checklist of documents
- Lodge your Application and ensure post-lodgement requirements are arranged such as completion of medical examinations
- Wait for a decision
What is the 408 visa processing time?
Varies according to the stream
How much does the 408 visa cost?
Why choose Withstand Lawyers for your 408 visa?
Australia’s immigration laws are complex and everchanging. It can be challenging to discern the appropriate pathways to get the best possible outcome. Our immigration lawyers and Registered Migration Agents have significant amounts of training, expertise, and experience working with this type of visa. We will be able to streamline the process for you to ensure applications are submitted to the Department as decision-ready.