Who is the 836 visa for?
This permanent visa lets individuals live in Australia permanently if they need to provide care to their relatives who are unable to get the required care from other relatives, hospitals, or nursing services in Australia. Furthermore, the relative must have a long-term medical condition or need practical support.
What does this visa let me do?
There benefits include, the ability to :
- Live in Australia as a permanent resident for indefinite period
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- Leave and revisit Australia frequently for five years from the date of visa grant
How does this visa work?
- It can be applied for onshore (subclass 836), or offshore (subclass 116)
- You must be able and willing to provide sufficient care
- You must also be living or undertake to live in the same house as your sponsor.
What is the visa application process?
- Assess your eligibility with Withstand Lawyers to ensure you meet the visa requirements
- Gather your documents for the visa application using our comprehensive and tailored checklist of documents
- Lodge your Application and ensure post-lodgement requirements are arranged such as completion of medical examinations
- Wait for a decision
What are the carer visa fees?
Why choose Withstand Lawyers for your carer visa?
Australia’s immigration laws are complex and updated frequently. It can be challenging to discern the appropriate pathways to get the desired outcome. Our immigration lawyers have significant amounts of training and expertise, with experience working at pre-eminent corporations. Furthermore, many applications involve appeals, our lawyers can represent you in court, unlike migration agents.