What is the 103 Visa?
Parent Visa, subclass 103, is a permanent residency visa for parents that have a child/step-child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen living in Australia. Once granted the visa you can live, study and work in Australia permanently. You must be outside of Australia when applying and when the visa is granted.
Am I eligible to apply for the 103 Visa?
Am I eligible? What are the Parent (Subclass 103) Visa requirements? You may be eligible if you meet the following requirements
- you have a child who is a settled Australian citizen, settled permanent resident, or settled eligible New Zealand citizen.
- you are outside Australia
- you do not have any previous visa cancellations and have complied with conditions of your previous visa.
- you meet health and character requirements.
What are the benefits of the 103 Visa?
With the Parent (Subclass 103) Visa you can
- Live, work and study in Australia permanently
- Sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Enrol in an Australian public healthcare system
- Apply for Australian citizenship if you are eligible
What are the costs of the 103 Visa?
The Department of Home Affairs visa cost of the Parent Visa is AUD $6,415. You may pay this visa in 2 instalments. The costs of health checks and police certificates are excluded.
The Department of Home Affairs assesses applications on a case-by-case basis and processing time can vary. Completing the application with the necessary documents, responding to any requests quickly and providing required information can help expedite the process. That is why it is important to use the professional assistance of an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent. Withstand Lawyers can help you decide whether the Parent Visa is right for you and if you are eligible to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my family members to Australia on the 103 Visa? Yes, you can include your partner and your or your partner’s child.
Yes, you can include your partner and your or your partner’s child.
Why choose Withstand Lawyers for the 103 Visa?
At Withstand Lawyers we have made visa application processes easier and faster for many clients. Our firm specialises in immigration law and has experienced legal professionals and resources required to provide you with the guidance and representation that is needed to ensure you reach your immigration goals. The team at Withstand Lawyers is approachable and committed to providing a personalised service, so please book a meeting online or call us on 1800 952 901