Working Holiday Subclass 417 visa is appropriate for people who are looking to work and holiday in Australia for 12 months. It is possible to extend this visa up to 24 months in the case where the visa holder undertakes 3 months of seasonal work in regional Australia while holding the Working Holiday visa.
Working Holiday visa holders are allowed to include a dependent child on their application, as well as a partner who will be applying for their visa.
Visa holders are allowed to:
- Live in Australia up to 12 months, or 24 months (extended)
- Work up to 6 months with each employer
- Engage in any training or studies in Australia for up to 4 months
- Leave and re-enter the country on multiple occasions for 24 months from the date of visa grant
Who is eligible to apply for the Working Holiday Subclass 417 visa
The applicant must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
- A genuine visitor who has not previously resided in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa
- Able to prove they possess the means to support themselves for the duration of their stay in Australia
- Able to prove they possess a return airfare
- A passport holder of a country that has a Working Holiday arrangement with Australia:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Second Working Holiday Visa
Who is eligible to apply for the Second Working Holiday visa
The applicant is expected to:
- Prove they are compliant with visa conditions of the first Working Holiday Visa
- Have entered Australia with only one Working Holiday Visa
- Have undertaken 3 months of seasonal work in regional Australia while still holding the Working Holiday visa.
Best Immigration Lawyers in Sydney
Whether this is the first time you are applying for a Working Holiday visa, or you are looking to prolong your stay in Australia with the Second Working Holiday visa, count on our immigration lawyer to help you. We hire only the best in class immigration lawyers and immigration agents.
Should you need more information, don’t hesitate to contact us – via phone or email, one of our legal professionals will get in touch to discuss the specifics of your case.