Traumatic injuries like paralysis and brain damage drastically impact people’s lives. Many victims become unable to work or need to take care of themselves as they require permanent medical treatment. Medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other costs of a catastrophic personal injury may be covered where someone else’s carelessness or wrongdoing caused the damage. Anyone who has been badly injured due to another person’s negligence can learn their entitlements by speaking with an experienced catastrophic personal injury lawyer.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries are those that have immediate and severe consequences, such as the inability of the victim to perform any gainful work for the rest of their life. Catastrophic injuries are so severe that the victim is permanently harmed as a result.
A catastrophic injury is the loss of a critical body component. Examples include loss of a limb, the capacity to walk, or even the ability to think clearly. Any accident that causes catastrophic injury to even a single individual can result in catastrophic injury compensation. You have the legal right to seek compensation for your injury
People also suffer catastrophic injuries because of traumatic experiences that change their lives forever. These injuries can leave them with physical scars as well as mental health issues. Serious accidents involving vehicles, boats, pedestrians, or passengers are some examples. Some other examples include extreme sports activity accidents or severe personal attacks.
Our Catastrophic injury lawyers can assist you in the challenges, financial responsibilities, and long-term medical care requirements accompanying severe injuries. You can contact our experienced catastrophic personal injury lawyers; we will help you pursue financial compensation for your injuries, losses, and other damages.
Financial obligations/hardships and long-term care costs are few factors when determining the amount of compensation, you may get. Personal challenges are taken into consideration, such as:
- The inability to pay current and future salaries
- Pain and suffering
- Care for people with disabilities that are either ongoing or permanent
- Medical devices and supplies
- The cost of education
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries:
The following are some examples of many forms of catastrophic injuries that occur due to another person’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness:
- Traumatic brain damage can result in lifelong cognitive problems, impaired speech, emotional difficulties, and restricted arm and leg movement.
- Spinal cord injury can cause partial or full paralysis, pulmonary and circulatory issues. Furthermore, it leads to increased reflexes and spasms, persistent discomfort, and loss of control of the bowels and bladder.
- Severe burn injuries can result in infectious diseases, limb loss, disability, and permanent impairment.
- Limb loss resulting from an accident can present enormous physical and emotional difficulties for survivors and their families.
- Internal bleeding caused by ruptured kidneys, spleen, liver, or bowels due to an accident can be life-threatening.
Claims and Catastrophic Injury Settlements
When someone else’s conduct results in catastrophic damage, the affected person is entitled to financial compensation for their losses. This compensation, frequently provided by the at-fault parties’ insurance companies, is to make up for the victim’s physical and psychological suffering. Of course, no amount of money will ever fully compensate you. However, it can help ease the burden of increasing medical costs and other financial hardships due to the injury.
Our senior catastrophic personal injury lawyers can help you claim compensation on behalf of you to compensate for your injuries. The types of settlements one comes across in a personal injury case are as follows:
- Medical expenses – if you become permanently disabled
- Loss of earnings – how much you would have made had you worked the entire time.
Why Hire a Catastrophic Personal Injury Lawyer?
At a time when you are most vulnerable, filing a catastrophic injury claim can feel overwhelming. Our team of catastrophic personal injury lawyers has the knowledge and experience necessary to assist you in filing a claim for catastrophic injury settlements. Feel free to call us on 1800 952 898 or fill out the free claim check form.